Nadine Kiratli-Schneider is the Vice President of Supply Chain Risk and Sustainability at Schaeffler. She previously headed the corporate inbound supply chain, bridging logistics and sourcing for supplier criteria. Prior to Schaeffler, she was an Assistant Professor Of Purchasing and SCM at the university.
With a strong background in academia and a passion for effective solutions, Nadine combines science and business to tackle complex transport challenges. She’s a strong believer in the power of diverse teams to make the supply chain resilient and sustainable.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Dr. Nadine Kiratli-Schneider: LinkedIn
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Journey from academia to supply chain
- A holistic view of supply chain management
- Three biggest risks and challenges for global supply chain
- Supply chain as a key contributor to sustainability
- What can supply chain learn from academia
- [01:35] Share with us a little bit about your career path, your passion for academia, and then your switch to the industry.
- [05:57] “Something intriguing back then, 15 or 16 years ago, was how to squeeze out innovation from their organizations and their suppliers.”
- [07:53] “I got the chance also to teach on an executive level and the purchasing executive management program that our school offered.”
- [10:48] “If you can sustain that passion for a topic, together with the people around you. It doesn’t really feel like work. That’s why for me, supply chain management is sexy.”
- [11:23] What are your current responsibilities and priorities?
- [12:36] “What we are basically doing for risk management, focusing on transport management activities is to make our supply chain transport supply chains resilient.”
- [14:27] “We’re doing our best with the capacities that we have to establish a roadmap that will help us to decrease our CO2 emissions from our transport-related activities, according to our Schaeffler Climate Action Plan targets.”
- [15:59] What are the three biggest risks for Schaeffler’s supply chain?
- [18:23] What is the supply chain’s role in sustainability? What can supply chain contribute and innovate to drive this agenda?
- [19:33] ”What you can also do is that you can work on rerouting. Optimize your physical network in such a way that you reduce the distance between locations.“
- [22:34] What can the industry learn from academia in supply chain?
- [27:17] How did you make a fast track in both worlds- being a mother and a woman in supply chain?
- [31:13] Any specific advice you would like to give to female professionals in supply chain?
- [34:47] What are three major qualities you look for in the supply talent of the future?
- [36:27] What is your life motto?
Quotes from the Episode:
About the Host:
The host, Fei Yu has over 15+ years of experience in Executive Search and Talent Acquisition & Management, gained from top-tier consultancy and premium executive search firms. She is an advocate of cross-cultural networking and has successfully organized and moderated public events.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch-based marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.