Deepak Garg was the Founder of Rivigo, where he built the most recent logistics unicorn in India.
Rivigo transformed how transport was done in India by creating a relay truck model, where no driver would drive for more than four to five hours at a stretch and would return home the same day.
Deepak has now started AnywhereJobs, with the intent of skilling 10 million Indian Talents for global job opportunities.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Deepak Garg: LinkedIn
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- The recipe of building a unicorn
- Entrepreneurship, mistakes, and lessons learned
- How Anywhere Jobs expands a lot of opportunities
- India’s Talent Export Opportunities
- Solving driver shortage in Europe with Indian drivers
- [1:40] Looking back, what would be two or three key things you said, “Okay, I really learned this. These are key nuggets that I would tell anybody who wants to build a billion-dollar company.”
- [1:57] I don’t think a billion-dollar company can be built from anyone’s advice, I think, a billion-dollar company, to build a unicorn, I think a lot of things have to come in place. Your destiny, your luck, your hard work, your perseverance, your team, everything has to come into place.
- [6:53] What were some of the not-so-fun mistakes that you made?
- [12:10] How did you decide and why did you decide that you will do Anywhere Jobs now?
- [14:29] The fact of the matter is, that we are still not creating enough jobs for our people. We have more young people than the jobs in India.
- [23:21] Maybe share a couple of the ongoing work that you’re doing specific, ongoing projects, maybe way if you’ve started already to work with companies and start deploying drivers.
- [27:28] So, one thing led to the other, and we actually now scaled this up quite reasonably, that we feel confident that we are going to be an instrumental force in solving the driver shortage problem of Europe.
Quotes from the Episode:
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.