In this episode, I interviewed Pali Tripathi, the CEO of Taabi Mobility, an Indian conglomerate. She has 16 years of experience across diverse leadership roles across Unilever, EY, Booz, and CEAT Tyres.
We discussed how logistics, infrastructure, and technology contribute to the business momentum in India, what value Taabi Mobility brings to its customers, and how the journey of a female CEO in India is – both fun moments and challenges.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Pali is a multifaceted business leader with experience across functions like HR, Sales, and Strategy. She enjoys working with uncertainty, creating opportunities from scratch, and driving business growth that also does well socially.
Before starting Taabi, Pali incubated the tyre as a service business for ceat. She grew this business ground up and scaled it. With Taabi, a company focused on providing IOT-based SAAS solutions for logistics players, she launched the flagship fuel solution product and reached 100 customers in 100 days.
Pali Tripathi: LinkedIn
Questions I asked:
- What determined, and what was your journey from HR to business leadership?
- What is driving the overall business momentum in India?
- How has technology changed the game in the logistics space?
- Can you share some RPG success stories in the manufacturing industry: made in India for the world, made in India for India?
- What are the problems Taabi Mobility is solving, and what’s on the horizon?
- As a female CEO in India, you must have broken many barriers – what have been some fun moments and challenges along the way, and how have you navigated them?
- What career advice would you give to your younger self? Would you have done anything differently?
- [2:09] Tell us about your journey from being an HR to a business leader within the overall CEAT and the RPG group. And then, now to your role as the CEO at Taabi Mobility.
- [6:40] What are some of the key trends that you now see, especially in the Indian subcontinent and India? What is driving the overall business momentum over there, from your point of view?
- [11:46] Can you share some examples where you’ve seen one or two examples of tech and how that has sort of shifted the game in the logistics space?
- [14:11] What are some of the success stories within the RPG group, whether in the logistics space or made in India for the world or made in India for India space?
- [17:37] What are the wins and pain points that customers today face, and what are the problems that Taabi is trying to address?
- [24:32] How has that journey from being part of the established business to taking Taabi from proof of concept to first 100 customers and what are now the next challenges that you are seeing for Taabi?
- [31:31] You must be sort of like a role model, female leaders, CEOs, broken a lot of barriers, what have been some of your fun moments and challenges along the way? And how did you navigate them?
- [40:40] When you look back at your journey, what would you say to your younger self now that you are here at this juncture in your life? Would you do something different?
Quotes from the Episode:
About the Host:
I have enjoyed my conversation with Pali Tripathi. I am Jaya Mittal, a seasoned HR professional with over 20 years of experience. I started my journey with Unilever and progressed into senior HR roles at Nestlé and A.P Moller-Maersk. Currently, I am working with clients from the Consumer Goods, Retail, Industrial, and 3PL/Logistics sectors, placing senior talent.
Alcott Global provides Executive Search Solutions for key positions at all pillars of the end-to-end value chain: planning, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, e-commerce, and overall supply chain operations.
In our Makers & Movers face-to-face events, we bring together value chain executives to connect, collaborate, and innovate – a forum focused on business value creation.
Yearly, we celebrate and award the Top 30 Leaders in Supply Chain for their achievements in digitizing operations, decarbonization, and sustainability, as well as in creating a diverse and equitable environment for supply chain teams to thrive and excel.