Gustavo Duran es el Director de Athena Solutions. Gustavo hizo su carrera profesional en Mondelez. Su última posición fue Sr. Director – Biscuits, Chocolate and Innovation para México, anteriormente estuvo como Sr. Director Gum and Candy Marketing para América Latina, y previamente fue Category Director – Confectionery México, Caribe, Central América y Region Andina. También estuvo al frente de la Unidad de Negocios de Confectionery México. Antes de esto estuvo en Asia llevando las posiciones de: Director de Mercadeo para Japón, Director de Gum para Asia Pacífico y Director de Mercadeo Asia Pacífico. Inicio su carrera en México como Asistente a Gerente de Marca, Gerente de Marca y Gerente de Grupo de Marcas.
Gustavo Duran is the Director of Athena Solutions. Gustavo made his professional career in Mondelez. His last position was Sr. Director-Biscuits, Chocolate and Innovation for Mexico, previously he was Sr. Director Gum and Candy Marketing for Latin America, and previously he was Category Director-Confectionery Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, and Andean Region. He was also in charge of the Confectionery México Business Unit. Prior to this, he was in Asia holding the positions of Director of Marketing for Japan, Director of Gum for the Asia Pacific, and Director of Marketing Asia Pacific. He started his career in Mexico as Assistant Brand Manager, Brand Manager, and Brand Group Manager.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Gustavo Duran: LinkedIn
Algunos de los aspectos más destacados del podcast:
- Bienvenida y aprendizajes de su etapa inicial de su carrera en Mondelez México.
- Su reto en Asia Pacífico en Singapur y Japón.
- Su regreso a México al frente de la Unidad de Negocios de Confentionary de México.
- El reto de Confectionary para toda América Latina.
- Como manejar el Mercadeo de chicles y Caramelos para América Latina
- Su reto de Innovación en la categoría de Biscuits y Chocolates para México.
- Soportando nuevos negocios en Athena Solutions.
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Welcome and learnings from the initial stage of his career at Mondelez México.
- His challenge in the Asia Pacific in Singapore and Japan.
- His return to Mexico as the head of the Confectionery de México Business Unit.
- The Confectionery challenge for all Latin America.
- How to manage the Marketing of chewing gums and candies for Latin America
- His Innovation Challenge in the Biscuits and Chocolate category for Mexico.
- Supporting new business in Athena Solutions.
About the Host:
The host, Xabier Basañez is a well-rounded Supply Chain expert, with end-to-end experience in different industries: FMCG, Logistics, 3PL, and Retail. He is a natural Processes synchronizer strengthening organizational operations. He loves to connect supply chain professionals to create spaces for discussion and analysis, focusing on LATAM & USA.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.