Meeta Vouk, is the director of IBM Singapore Research Center and previously Chief Data officer Blockchain technologies. And the topic of our discussion will be Blockchain and specifically, we will discuss some of the practical case studies it is already used by clients across the region and the globe.
Listen to the full discussion here:
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 here.
Connect with the Guest:
Meeta Vouk: LinkedIn | Twitter
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Microloans based on peer identity in areas where people have no official papers
- How the blockchain story is different from the RFID story for logistics
- In 5 years we will not use the word “blockchain” anymore
- For any long supply chain with a big number of middlemen, blockchain can be a huge disruptor
- Smart-contracts and enforcing the rule of – not to spending money you don’t have.
- Teach kids art and philosophy and then show them technology as a tool to solve the problems we really need to focus on.
- [00:50] What exactly is blockchain?
- [03:08] What are the biggest truths and myths about blockchain?
- [05:26] Millions of people suffer because they don’t have an official paper for their identity. How would blockchain solve that?
- [09:16] RFID has very hyped a few years ago and didn’t really deliver on the promise. What is the difference between RFID and blockchain now?
- [12:16] Let’s go into some examples. Can you go case studies of projects in blockchain with your clients?
- [15:50] How can a contaminated source of spinach be tracked down with blockchain in a matter of seconds compared the current reality where we have to throw the whole batch away to be safe?
- [19:30] There is quite a lot of work when implementing a solution like blockchain – even the labeling of fresh produce – how do you solve this?
- [24:08] Do you have some data from your clients that can showcase savings or efficiency increase in their operations after implementing blockchain?
- [30:48] Where do you see the biggest adoption of blockchain in the next years?
- [32:25] In Supply Chain – where do you see blockchain creating the biggest impact?
- [34:15] How does one become a blockchain expert? What do you need to study?
Episode #02: Charles Brewer CEO DHL e-commerce
Episode #09: Chang Wen Lai CEO at Ninja Van
Episode #20: Paul Srivorakul Co-Founder & Group CEO aCommerce