Razat Gaurav is the CEO of LLamasoft. LLamasoft is a supply chain design software which helps organizations worldwide across a wide range of industries to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network, leading to major improvements in cost, service, sustainability and risk mitigation. 50% of Fortune 100 companies have designed their supply chains with LLamasoft.
A few words on Razat Gaurav:
Razat has more than two decades of supply chain planning and execution experience, he has played a critical role in the digital transformations of some of the world’s biggest brands and his work has influenced the flow of billions of dollars’ worth of goods. With proven leadership in scaling and growing enterprise software businesses on a global basis, Razat most recently served as JDA Software’s Executive Vice President, General Manager and Chief Revenue Officer and previously held leadership roles at i2 Technologies and Ernst & Young (EY). A trusted expert on supply chain trends, he has been quoted in The New York Times, Forbes and The Hill, among other top media. Razat has a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- How they helped Schneider Electric to save 8 mil USD in cost
- How to optimize a fresh produce supply chain – like avocados and bananas
- Outsmarting uncertainty – Challenges that most clients face before implementing LLamasoft software
- Creating a platform for clients to develop their own Supply Chain APP
- [01:32] For the few of our listeners that maybe are not yet familiar with LLamaSoft, What is a simple way to explain what LLamaSoft is?
- [02:26] Can you give us some case studies of how LLamasoft has helped some of your clients achieve great improvements in their supply chains? I think it was a Schneider Electric study case where you saved 8 mil USD in cost.
- [07:40] Talking about fresh produce like avocados and bananas – how did LLamasoft play a role in optimizing the supply chain for clients that deal with this kind of goods.
- [13:20] What are the challenges that most of your clients face before implementing LLamasoft software?
- [21:10] How do you differentiate yourself from your competition? What are the key elements you focus on?
- [32:38] I understand that you doubled your headcount in the last three years, now reaching around 500. How do you make sure that the recruitment process is on point – effective? What are the things you look for when hiring?
- [37:55] What are some of the key attributes you look for in the leadership team?
- [41:00] What are your expansion plans? Where do you plan to expand next and what are the next milestones?
- [45:42] If you were to think about the industry in next 5-10 years. What are some of the trends you see coming?
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.
Episode #08: Matthias Heutger SVP Marketing and Innovation at DHL
Episode #17: Dr. Yossi Sheffi Director of the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics
Episode #28: Brad Hollister CEO of SwanLeap