Damien is responsible for the alignment of corporate strategy and business orientation, as well as oversight of all commercial initiatives, operations and implementation.
Prior to the role of Country President Singapore, Damien led the end-to end Supply Chain organisation for Schneider Electric in East-Asia Japan and Pacific across 18 countries. He first joined Schneider Electric 23 years ago, and had since held various positions in the Supply Chain function of manufacturing, logistics, as well as procurement and sourcing.
Having lived in Asia for 14 years, Damien has diverse experience in the region; he moved to Singapore in the summer of 2013 after spending four years in Bangalore, India, and five years in Shanghai, China. Damien holds an MSc in Electrical Engineering from ISEN, as well as an MBA from the EDHEC Business School in France.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- The company in the future of the world considering that in 2040 the demand of energy is estimated to be 2 times more than present demand most likely there will be non stop energy request.
- The company will cumulatively invest around 65 million euros (S$102 million) in Singapore. What are the goals and objectives of the new development.
- What are some of the biggest challenges that you are currently facing when it comes to your supply chain?
- How do you see AI impacting the future of supply chain and what will this do to the workforce?
- What are some of the attributes you are looking for in your leadership team?
- Is Schneider working with any government programs/incentives regarding employee retention as it relates to the displacement of workers by automation?
- What are the skills required of the future CEOs and business leaders?
- After 20 years and various roles in Supply Chain, you are now driving the full PnL of one of the large country organisations of Schneider. How have you managed to make the shift? Any challenges? Any concrete learnings?
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.
Episode #01: Didier Chenneveau Executive Director Ernst & Young
Episode #12: Kenneth Lim CTO at Singapore Maritime and Port Authority
Episode #25: TradeLens – a blockchain project by IBM and Maersk