Kenneth Lim CTO at Singapore Maritime and Port Authority
Kenneth is presently the Chief Technology Officer of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). He was seconded from the Government Technology Agency (GovTech), where he held the role of Cluster Director of the Finance, National Development, and Transport clusters. Kenneth possesses over 23 years of career experience in Technology. He first began his career as a programmer in PSA and later became the Vice President of Technology Development, Trade & Logistics in CrimsonLogic. He was the Senior Vice President of Market Operations and IT in Energy Market Company before joining the public sector in 2011. His professional experience covers the seaport, logistics, IT and energy industries.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- Top goals the Singapore Maritime Port Authority is trying to achieve by 2020?
- What are the opportunities and what are the challenges around AI and Machine Learning?
- MPA’s efforts to invest in the start-up ecosystem.
- Cybersecurity. It is something that all of us should be concerned about, but still, a lot of companies prefer to turn a blind eye to it.
- Digitalization of the shipping industry. What are your thoughts on the current state of the industry when it comes to going digital?
- What are the most in-demand skills in the industry at the moment?
- What are you looking for when hiring for your team at the MPA? What type of people and attributes are you focused on?
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- If you could give some advice to a 23-year-old graduating university and wanting to achieve a great career in shipping, what would it be?
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.
Episode #08: Matthias Heutger SVP Marketing and Innovation at DHL
Episode #11: Ditlev Blicher CEO Asia Pacific for DB Schenker
Episode #26: Troels Randbøll Støvring CEO of Twill Logistics