Industry 4.0 and Diversity with Roxane Desmicht Head of Supply Chain at Infineon Technologies
Roxane Desmicht is a Senior executive and global leader with 15+ years in high tech industries. She is well-versed product development to manufacturing as well as business development and account management. She is an active promoter and driver of Industry 4.0 initiatives as well as gender diversity leadership projects. And she is passionate about leading teams in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Part 1 – Industry Trends – [32:27]
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment in Supply Chain and Logistics – [21:33]
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits – [19:50]
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- Global Production Networks and Supply chain transformation
- Supply Chain 4.0 and IoT solutions in Infineon
- If she would be an investor – where would she put her money?
- How does an engineer lead a global Supply Chain Network
- How to groom future supply chain leaders
- How to be a passionate leader in a male-dominated industry
Part 1 – Industry Trends:
- [06:39] Global production network connecting manufacturing sites – Infineon Case Study.
- [07:25] Supply chain transformation examples – Lean planning project case study.
- [11:15] How do you align sales and marketing? How do you get together all the stakeholders to implement a project?
- [15:07] Which technology trend in Supply Chain will likely make the most impact by 2020 in your opinion?
- [17:50] What does Supply Chain 4.0 mean to you? What is supply chain of the future? What does it mean to you?
- [21:55] To get to that vision and to get to Supply Chain 4.0 what are the biggest challenges that you face around getting there?
- [24:24] How are you currently using any IoT solutions to your supply chain?
- [26:41] Before investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in digital new tech, what’s the fundamentals that supply chain needs to have in today’s environment?
- [28:57] If you would be an investor and had lots and lots of money, which supply chain related start-up would you invest in and why?
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment:
- [00:04] How does Infineon attract and retain talent in supply chain?
- [02:43] Why supply chain is not seen as something necessarily “sexy” or career in supply chain is not seen as something “sexy.”
- [07:10] What are the hard skills you are looking for when hiring?
- [09:03] What are some of the skills that the future supply chain 4.0 professional needs to have?
- [10:29] Diversity. Obviously, you are a great example of an excellent leader in supply chain. Since this is male-dominated traditionally, how do we balance it a bit more?
- [14:33] How do you see the role of HR as a business partner? Do you have an HR business partner that focuses very closely on supply chain?
- [16:27] How do you groom future supply chain leaders?
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits:
- [00:04] How do I become the next head of supply chain at Infineon in years to come?” What would one piece of advice be?
- [03:14] Personal routine. Morning routine. Any morning routine that you do?
- [05:37] What is the book that you give most to people?
- [08:55] What is something you believe in that other people think it’s insane?
- [11:04] Do you use social media to help your brand as an employer and as a potential employer?
- [12:34] One quick example of an area where you’ve been challenged a lot around supply chain, how did you face it? How did you overcome?
- [14:43] When you think of the word “successful” in your practice in supply chain, who is the first person that comes to your mind and why?
- [16:14] If you could go back and give your 20-year-old self a valuable piece of advice, what would you say?
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.
Episode #01: Didier Chenneveau Executive Director Ernst & Young
Episode #02: Charles Brewer CEO DHL e-commerce
Episode #03: Paul Bradley CEO Caprica International