Entrepreneurship and Technology with Paul Bradley CEO Caprica International
Paul is the Chairman and CEO, Caprica International and serving on the Boards of various organizations. He was also selected as a ‘New Asian Leader’ by the World Economic Forum. Leadership roles have spanned American, Japanese, Chinese and Indian companies with responsibilities across 14 countries. Created 7 start-ups and participated in the successful IPO launch of 2 companies. Passionate about innovation and developing multi-cultural talent to impact the future.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Part 1 – Industry Trends – [33:17]
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment in Supply Chain and Logistics – [15:32]
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits – [16:25]
Connect with the Guest:
Stay tuned as we cover:
- Most important technology trends in supply chain
- How AI and Block Chain is changing the game
- The importance of innovation and entrepreneurship and how start-ups disrupt the industry
- What is it like to be a member of the B20 task force of the G20 Summit
- How important it is to have great mentors
Part 1 – Industry Trends:
- [06:08] What’s the supply chain of the future to you?
- [12:11] Blockchain – is it high for real value. If real value, when will we see widespread adoption into everyday processes? So maybe we deep-dive a little bit further into it.
- [13:39] ICO – a crypto-currency way of raising funds instead of the traditional method and at the center maybe it’s the investment banks.
- [15:46] AI in banking – a case study.
- [17:15] A lot of people, obviously not a lot of us will ever have a chance to sit in a G20 meeting in a committee. What happened there? What are some of the topics? What are the people discussing about? What are the world leaders thinking about? Give us some more details.
- [21:41] Biggest challenges of companies in Asia? – power hubs, cyber attacks, political unrest, and other risks.
- [27:37] What advice to tech startups in the supply chain space would you give? Where do you see an innovation deficit or not enough startups addressing a particular need?
Part 2 – Talent and Recruitment:
- [00:00] How do we address the global shortage of supply chain talent? Should the company start developing in-house talent and training programs to fill in the gaps? How would you do it?
- [04:37] The old days of freight forwarding – how did innovation work – a case study.
- [07:33] In the market, what do you see are the biggest skills missing?
- [13:57] True partnership and actually truly understanding the client.
Part 3 – Personal success stories and habits:
- [00:00] Do you have some very specific practical information websites. How do you get information? How do you keep yourself in touch with the new developments?
- [03:52] When you think of the word successful in the industry, what would be 2 names that come to your mind?
- [11:13] Building systems and policies for AI and machine learning
- [13:35] Change is happening faster than a lot of people are realizing. IoT, AI, Blockchain. Being stuck in the comfort zone or incremental type of business change or increase zone and it’s exciting times in the industry.
- [14:18] Apollo spaceship and lunar module had less computing power than your smartphone. Where does the future lead us?
About the Host:
The host, Radu Palamariu is the co-author of “From Source to Sold – Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain”. He has been named one of the top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn and was featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WEF, Bangkok Post, and MIT Supply Chain Talent magazine. Radu invites executives to share stories and perspectives around technology, logistics, e-commerce, supply chain, and manufacturing, and their views on how the future will look.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.
Episode #24: Blake Larson MD International Lalamove
Episode #30: Keith Carter Associate Professor | Author | TEDx Speaker
Episode #34: Inna Kuznetsova President & COO INTTRA