Hernán Muntaner es el Presidente y CEO del Grupo Rey en Panamá. Hernán ha desarrollado su carrera en Retail durante más de 28 años. Anteriormente, Hernán pasó 20 años con Walmart en diferentes roles, como Director Comercial y Director de Operaciones y Planificación de Tiendas. Pasó casi 3 años en la Sede de Walmart liderando el desarrollo de Proveedores y los procesos de compras, abriendo las puertas para ser nombrado VP para Centroamérica, y luego Presidente de las empresas agroindustriales de Walmart en la Región.
Hernan Muntaner is the President and Chief Executive Officer for Grupo Rey in Panama. Hernan has developed his career in Retail for over 28 years. Previously Hernan spent 20 years with Walmart through different roles, as Commercial Director and Operations Director & Store Planning. He spent almost 3 years in Walmart Headquarters leading the Suppliers development and Purchase leverage, opening the doors for being appointed as VP for Central America, and later President of the agro-industrial companies of Walmart in the Region.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Hernán Muntaner: LinkedIn
Algunos de los aspectos más destacados del podcast:
- Bienvenida y sus inicios de su carrera en Retail en Argentina.
- Su inicio en Walmart Argentina.
- La experiencia en la Sede de Walmart en Bentonville.
- Cómo se desarrolló la experiencia de desarrollo de proveedores.
- Liderar la Región Centroamericana.
- El desafío de la integración vertical de agronegocios para Walmart.
- Aprendizajes de estas experiencias: errores cometidos y lecciones aprendidas
- Su nuevo desafío en Centroamérica: El Grupo Rey de Panamá
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Welcome and his beginnings in Retail career in Argentina.
- His beginning in Walmart Argentina.
- The experience in Walmart Headquarters in Bentonville.
- How supplier development experience took place.
- Leading the Central American Region.
- The challenge of vertical agribusiness integration for Walmart.
- Learnings from these experiences: mistakes made and lessons learned
- The new challenge in Central America: El Grupo Rey de Panamá
About the Host:
The host, Xabier Basañez is a well-rounded Supply Chain expert, with end-to-end experience in different industries: FMCG, Logistics, 3PL, and Retail. He is a natural Processes synchronizer strengthening organizational operations. He loves to connect supply chain professionals to create spaces for discussion and analysis, focusing on LATAM & USA.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.