Pauline Tay brings with her over 25 years of HR experience across diverse industries in industrial consumer goods, and hospitality, and extensive regional and global experience.
Pauline has lived and worked in the US and led regional teams across the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas. With core expertise in change management and transformation, organizational design and development, strategic workforce planning, and transition and integration. Currently, she is VP of HR, Asia Pacific at Griffith Foods Ltd., where she leads HR to serve the company’s purpose of blending care and creativity to nourish the world.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Pauline Tay: LinkedIn
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- How Pauline navigated through different industries
- Being more involved in the business and becoming an interim MD
- Helping employees through purpose-driven programs
- Investing in the development of people
- How can we take HR to the next level
- [01:07] Please share with us your career story and how have you navigated across different industries you’ve been a part of.
- [01:46] How about moving into different industries for your HR role?
- [03:10] You’ve been a big believer in HR doing value-added business partnering, how have you done this in your career? Could you give us some examples?
- [05:00] What gave you the courage to say, “Let me go and handle this or let me take care of the business as an interim MD?”
- [06:16] What are your biggest challenges in attracting and retaining talent? And how are you combating those challenges?
- [08:07] How are you meeting these kinds of things (working environment, career, and psychological safety) in Griffith Foods for your talent?
- [10:10] How are you developing your talent to meet the new challenges within the industry?
- [11:29] What are the most important skills that you as an HR business partner look for when making senior-level hiring decisions? Or promotion decisions?
- [13:12] You also mentioned that we need to take HR to the next level. What does the next level look like to you Pauline, as the VP of HR with 25 years of experience?
- [14:44] I would love to get your biggest advice for people who are entering the workforce or who have less than five years of experience. What would you tell them so that they can make the most of their careers?
Quote from the Episode:
About the Host:
The host, Shub Faujdar leads our Organizational Development business and is curating frameworks to transform your organization’s workforce by working with world-class facilitators and trainers from the Supply Chain space. As with everything in Alcott Global, our frameworks and programs are specially created to meet the needs of the industry and then further customized to the needs of each organization.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.