Radu Palamariu was interviewed by Deb Crowe on imperfect: The Heart-Centered Leadership Podcast. On the topic of his passion leading to supply chain and the imperfections of being a leader, and the channels and tools to search for the right executive.
Listen to the full discussion here:
Connect with the Guest:
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Radu’s accidental choice of recruitment and supply chain as a career
- How to embrace what you “suck” at
- Secret sauce to find the right C-Level candidate
- Advice for all the people in these times of disruption
- “Heart centered leadership” is…
- [2:33] Where did you gain your passion for wanting to lead within the logistic and supply chain sector globally?
- [3:48] I ended up being specialized, even if that wasn’t the intent from the beginning, I ended up learning more and more, building a community, building a network and everything that we do are focused on supply chain.
- [6:24] Share with us what imperfections that you bring to your heart centered leadership.
- [7:02] I have plenty of imperfections actually. If I’m to be fair, I have very few things that I’m very good at but it’s probably a working progress and it’s a journey of self acceptance.
- I will accept that I am imperfect in a lot of ways. I will work on continuing to perfect what I’m quite good at, because that adds the most value and that’s what I will try to do in my team. So I think that’s what we would all be much better off.
- [9:57] How do you involve a multitude of channels and tools when you’re searching for that right senior executive and you also were tasked with taking that business to another level?
- [12:49] As long as we give three to five very good options, then it’s up to the client to choose. I think what is key for us to make this process successful is we need to make sure that the candidate is vetted, the ref checks and all around the candidate is done well.
- [15:37] What is one bit of advice you could share with us globally or an observation that you can share, given the snapshot of where we are right now?
- [19:15] Make sure you take care of yourself, which for some people is not as easy as it seems. Take care of your teams and make sure that you know there’s some downtime for everybody and secondly, keep yourself flexible because nobody can predict what will happen tomorrow.
- [21:02] Tell us something we don’t know about you.
- [21:04] My full time job is sharing memes and jokes.
- [21:23] What book has really changed your mindset, or the trajectory of your life that you would share with our listeners?
- [21:30] “No rules, rules.” It’s a book written by the founder of Netflix and it basically documents a few of the principles that made him and Netflix successful and how he created the whole culture at Netflix. Lots of gems there about leadership and keeping things simple.
- [22:07] If you could have dinner with any leader in the world they could be living or perhaps they’ve already passed away? Who would it be? And what would the dinner conversation be?
- [22:17] I would love to have dinner with my mother. So my mother passed away a few years ago, she was a nurse and as time goes by, I appreciate all the things that she had done both in her work in the family and in raising us as her kids. So I think I would really like to have that conversation, which I perhaps never had with my mother.
- [23:31] Finish this sentence for me, “Heart centered leadership is…”
- [23:36] Putting yourself in the shoes of the other person and thinking how can I help.
Quotes from the Episode:
About the Host:
The host, Shub Faujdar leads our Organizational Development business and is curating frameworks to transform your organization’s workforce by working with world-class facilitators and trainers from the Supply Chain space. As with everything in Alcott Global, our frameworks and programs are specially created to meet the needs of the industry and then further customized to the needs of each organization.
Alcott Global connects and upgrades the supply chain ecosystem by finding the right talent through executive search, developing talent through learning solutions, and meeting supply chain technology needs through a comprehensive crunch base marketplace.
The supply chain executive search has been our focus since the very beginning, offering recruitment services for top-tier supply chain roles at every level of the end-to-end supply chain: plan, source / procure, make, and deliver. Our consultants have years of experience in placing top talent, in North America, LATAM, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and APAC, and besides speed, one of our biggest strengths is our network within the supply chain industry, and we capitalize on it to find the best solutions.
Through the years, we have grown as an organization and our offerings with it. One of our initiatives, the learning solutions- training and supply chain academy, is focused on transforming leadership- self-leadership, executive presence, influence capital, and business acumen. Through Supplify, we aim to match corporations with the top technology companies to solve their supply chain and logistics challenges with a focus on innovation and digital transformation.
We are in constant touch with the leaders in supply chain, inviting them to inspire the supply chain professionals in thought-provoking podcast episodes and events, and showcasing what is possible at the yearly Leaders in Supply Chain Awards.