INTERVIEW WORLD’S LEADING SUPPLY CHAIN EXPERTS
From Source to Sold: Stories of Leadership in Supply Chain
- What makes a great supply chain leader?
- What lessons can we learn from the best supply chain leaders across varied industries?
- How can you reach the CEO chair or boardroom table from a supply chain role?
In From Source to Sold (Grammar Factory, October 4, 2022), respected industry connectors Radu Palamariu and Knut Alicke uncover fascinating answers to these important questions and many more through interviews with more than two dozen veteran supply chain leaders.
Inside, you’ll get firsthand accounts and insightful lessons from supply chain experts, thought leaders, and industry disruptors who are steering everything from large multinationals to innovative start-ups at the leading edge of their industries. You’ll hear about some remarkable career journeys and discover the smart business strategies and specific techniques that today’s best supply chain leaders have used to make their organizations great, and — in some cases — elevate themselves to the C-suite.
The result? An invaluable compendium of leadership wisdom and field-specific knowledge, and a compass for guiding your business through our ever more disruptive times. Whether you’re just setting out in supply chain or are already a seasoned expert in the field, From Source to Sold will equip you with the global perspective and leadership mindset you need to take your career to new heights.
MEET THE AUTHORS
RADU PALAMARIU is the managing director of Alcott Global, the leading global executive search firm focused on operations and supply chain. He works on global C-level assignments with Fortune 500 companies and local conglomerates. In manufacturing, logistics, transportation, supply chain management and eCommerce. A frequent speaker at industry conferences across the region, he is a contributor on latest technologies shaping supply chains, as well as human resources trends and developments.
He is the host of the Leaders in Supply Chain Podcast, which is consistently ranked among the Top 5 Global Industry Podcasts. Radu has been featured in World Economic Forum, Bloomberg, Forbes as well as the MIT Supply Chain Talent Magazine. He has been named as one of the Top 3 Global Supply Chain Influencers on LinkedIn.
KNUT ALICKE is Partner at McKinsey & Company, part of the global Supply Chain leadership team, and a visiting professor of supply chain at the University of Cologne. Knut is one of the global experts on the topics of operations, supply chain, and risk and was ranked in the Top 3 Supply Chain Influencers by a supply chain magazine.
He advises clients on a variety of topics around Supply Chain, including, digital supply chains, risk & resilience, advanced analytics, and supply chain transformations. Knut has written several articles on subjects related to supply chain and is the author of a highly regarded book on supply chain management, “Planning and operation of logistics networks: cross-company supply chain management.”
- Yossi Sheffi, Director, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics
- Ivanka Janssen, Chief Supply Chain Officer/EVP, Philips
- Ernest Nicolas, Chief Supply Chain Officer, HP Inc.
- Sandra MacQuillan, EVP and CSCO, Mondelēz International
- Jim Rowan, CEO and President, Volvo Cars
- Tan Chong Meng, Group Chief Executive Officer, PSA International (PSA)
- Thomas Netzer, Global COO, Wayfair
- Lynn Torrel, Chief Procurement and Supply Chain Officer, Flex
- Pier Luigi Sigismondi, President (Worldwide Food & Beverage Group), Dole Sunshine Company
- Sami Naffakh, Chief Supply Officer, Reckitt
- Tommy Rahbek Nielsen, Executive Vice President & COO, Vestas
- Essa Al-Saleh, CEO and Board Member, Volta Trucks
- Deepak Garg, CEO & Founder, RIVIGO
- Ken Allen, Board Member, DP DHL
- Vikram Agarwal, Chief Operations Officer, Danone
- Beatrix Praeceptor, Chief Procurement Officer, Mondi Group
- Michael Corbo, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Colgate-Palmolive
- Andres Krinninger, President Industrial Trucks & Services EMEA, KION Group
- Jay Lee, Former Foxconn Vice Chair
- Bonnie Fetch, VP and Head of Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Cummins Inc.
- Achim Duennwald, Board Member, Advisor, VC Investor
- Dirk Holbach, CSCO Beauty/Laundry & Home Care, CSVP, MD, Henkel
- Donna Warton, CVP Supply Chain and Sustainability, Microsoft
- Sascha Menges, CEO, TTS Tooltechnic Systems Holding AG
- Chouaib Rokbi, Executive Vice President – Digital Transformation and IT, STMicroelectronics
- Claudio Strobl, Senior Vice President Operations, Cargotec
THE CHAIN LEADERSHIP MODEL
From the conversations in From Source to Sold, it’s clear that there is no ‘one path’ to success in supply chain.
Contributors to this book have varying personal and professional backgrounds. They lead supply chains through varied experiences in different cultural and geographical contexts. Yet, there are some pronounced themes running through each of their leadership stories, which offer important insights into what it takes to be a successful supply chain leader.
These themes can be neatly summarized through what we call the CHAIN Model for Supply Chain Leadership, or Chain (C-H-A-I-N) which stands for: Collaborative, Holistic, Adaptable, Influential, Narrative
From Source to Sold and the CHAIN Model book companion will be available on October 4th on Amazon and everywhere books are sold. Now the pre-oder link is available.
REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
For more information, please visit sourcetosold.com
Alcott Global is the leading end-to-end supply chain Executive Search, Training and Development solution provider for the world’s top companies in Manufacturing, eCommerce, Logistics, and Technology in Supply Chain. Our global projects span across North America, LATAM, Middle East, Europe and Asia – all with unique regional challenges. Alcott Global is a long-term partner for its clients in attracting, retaining, and developing supply chain talent. Latest projects include the launch of the Alcott Global Supply Chain Academy and the Supplify platform. These are tools enabling us to be true to our vision of connecting and upgrading the Supply Chain Ecosystem.
Alcott Global PR Contacts:
- Claudia Marta, Senior Marketing, PR & Events Director [email protected]
- Cristina Tetcu, Head of Global Partnerships & Marketing [email protected]