(Image Source: Parcel Monitor)
For those in the logistics and supply chain space, 2021 was packed with numerous challenges ranging from intermittent shuttering of production facilities to labor shortages and port congestion incidents. As we look ahead to 2022, what are some key lessons we can take away from the supply chain crunch?
According to our media partner, Parcel Monitor:
- Global air freight market grew faster than the sea freight market.
- Based on findings from Transport Intelligence, air freight was expected to grow by 14.9% in real terms, 7.3% more than sea freight.
- The rising cost of shipping cargo along with several blockage incidents including the Suez Canal obstruction contributed to ocean freight’s growing decline in popularity.
- E-commerce growth around the world stabilized.
- There were visible improvements in transit times of parcels in most regions.
To find out more, view the full article here.
About Parcel Monitor
Parcel Monitor is the leading platform for e-commerce logistics insights. By leveraging on our data capabilities, Parcel Monitor creates an open space for the ecosystem to discover, collaborate and innovate.
Through data and the collective wisdom of the community, we believe we can inspire change in e-commerce logistics and deliver a better experience for consumers, merchants, and carriers.